Who cares for hygiene when deos are available

Would you rather apply a deodorant instead of taking a bath daily? Would you rather spray a room freshener instead of cleaning your room everyday? May be not. But this is exactly how the garbage woes of Mumbai city are going to be dealt with.

Some news report that to avoid the stink and the inconvenience that arises from Deonar and Mulund dumping grounds, the BMC has decided to spray the entire area with deodorant. Apparently 42,000 litres of a herbal deodorant at a cost of Rs 60.90 lakhs has come to 'relieve' the people residing nearby.

Well, though I appreciate that at least some initiative has been taken, I wonder if this could be the only solution. What happened about the earlier hoopla about people separating the garbage in two bags before disposing? Is something being done about it?

Or should we just pass by the garbage dumping grounds, take in a deep breath and say, "Wow, this garbage smells good".

4 comments:

The cup is half full of something I don't like August 6, 2008 at 5:39 AM  

mass use of nose plugs might be a more efficient solution.

I've linked to this site.

best

Pearl August 13, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Yikes! Well there's one way to look at it, isn't it?!

If I were honest, I have to admit that I recall thinking, around 9th grade or so, that if my breath didn't require "freshening" that I'd be far less likely to brush my teeth...

I think this may be the same kind of thinking!

Pearl

melvisx September 8, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

All I have to say is I could've used a random deoderant spray on the Southwet flight I took last week. The passenger next to me stank with a capital S. Though I don't think I would have enjoyed being sprayed.

How will the dump be targeted to avoid civilian casualties?

*lynne* September 12, 2008 at 10:21 PM  

literally addressing the symptom of the problem, not the root cause... sad.. back in malaysia it's common too, if this were to happen back home the government contractor supplying the deodorant would be a crony benefiting from the contract...

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP